[Dxspider-support] File forwarding and other questions

g3orh g3orh at ic24.net
Mon Nov 19 19:13:29 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>
To: <dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 12:20
Subject: Re: [Dxspider-support] File forwarding and other questions

> On Sun, 2001-11-18 at 23:16, John Clayton wrote:
> > However, it means that users on "the other side" of a limited protocol
> > connection from the sender will not receive the message as the
> > originating node may never see them logged on.
>
> There are very few "active" limited protocol connections in the DXSpider
> connected network. It isn't a concept that applies, very much, anymore.
> Furthermore, with internet connectivity becoming the norm, rather than
> the exception, I believe "limited-protocol" will largely go away.

        Come on Dirk. You can't just ignore the fact that 80 to 90% of the
UK cluster nodes are still AK1A. Ltd protocol links are still used and
saints preserve us when there is no packet accessing or linking. We might
just as well give up what passes for amateur RADIO at this stage.
         I use ltd protocol every weekend (automatically set up) so it isn't
a great problem regarding mail as it goes as soon as I switch back to full
at 1AM monday moring. I think the points raised  *could* be overcome by a
command which allows sysops to manually forward mail to a specific node as
with ak1a during periods of limited protocol running.

- Regards Colin   (73's)
- g3orh at ic24.net