[Dxspider-support] Connections timing out in 1.42

Ian J Maude ianmaude at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 2 18:15:08 BST 2000

On Wed, 02 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Thanks to Dirk for the call last night to tell me what bit of perl to edit to correct the connection problem.
>
> Next issue that I have is that all our connections are dropping after exactly fixed periods of time.
>
> GB7DJK drops every 15 minutes exactly
> GB7DXM every 17 minutes 30 seconds exactly
> ON0DXK every 17 mnutes 30 seconds exactly.
>
> Nothing in crontab to make this happen. Any ideas.

Hi Andy
Very odd!  I assume you have "made" the client?  Are these links incoming or
outgoing?  Do you use client.pl or client on incoming links?
If you do use client and these are inncoming links, try altering client.c on
the line

#define DEFPACLEN 128

alter it to 236 and type make.  See if that help at all.
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ianmaude at btinternet.com
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider