[Dxspider-support] Connect Scripts falling over in 1.42

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 10:19:36 BST 2000

On Tue, 01 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Breaking the rule of if it ain't broke, don't fix it, we did an upgrade
> from 1.39 to 1.42 last night. Now the connect script to ON0DXK does not
> work correctly. The script appears to connect OK, but all the lines seem to
> get thrown away - sample line from /debug.... attached.
>
> 965145528^DUFF Line from UN.KNOWN: ION0DXK|PC18^ 4 nodes, 18 local / 32
> total users  Max users 516  Uptime 0 02:27^5449^
>
> Also the debug log is now full of 'Use of unitialised variable type error
> messages' and filling at about 1 Mb / hour...........
>
> Can anyone quickly spread some light on what we've screwed up to save hours
> of fruitless playing about.

This is a known problem which was fixed by:-

a) in DXChannel.pm:

# take a standard input message and decode it into its standard parts
sub decode_input
{
  my $dxchan = shift;
  my $data = shift;
  my ($sort, $call, $line) = $data =~ /^([A-Z])([A-Z1-9\-]{3,9})\|(.*)$/;

change the 1-9 to 0-9.  This was in previous emails.

b) remember to recompile the C client.

PS Sorry been away, will be away a lot again next week.

Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find
at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.