[Dxspider-support] filters

Ian Maude ianmaude at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 24 07:29:21 GMT 2000

Dirk Koopman wrote:

> 8) All spots FROM any node will be displayed locally (unless users have
> filters saying not), but not otherwise propagated. There are ways round this
> but they involve using the "Local.pm" arrangement and writing a small
> quantity of perl to call the filter subroutine and deal appropriately with
> the result.
I assume that this should read "All spots FROM any ISOLATED node...."?

Can I just say that these filters work really well (when I get the right
amount of parentheses/commas ;-).
For everyones interest.. hopefully... I am in the middle of writing an
Installation and Administration manual for DXSpider.  I have not had
much time recently but I hope to have the first version ready for
release by the end of next week.  Once released, if anyone would like to
add/subtract or alter/improve anything I would like to see it :-)
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ianmaude at btinternet.com
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider