[Dxspider-support] Re: GB7BAA-JG1YGH-15 link unstable

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jun 18 08:31:56 BST 2000

I see that the protocol isn't initialising at all now. Can I suggest you
install the latest version of Net::Telnet from CPAN (version 3.02)? You may
find this better.

There have been a number of changes in the line end handling of telnet
sessions  so that I am more 'standard'. It may be that I am still doing it
wrong but I don't think so.

Would everyone please upgrade their Net::Telnet to the latest one. The URL is
on the website's install page, but it is (nearly) always better to use the
built in CPAN thingie in perl.

I say nearly because there is now one exception - IO::Socket - which has a
depenency which tries to pull in the whole of perl 5.6 which I know is
currently  NOT stable (but may work with DXSpider - I haven't tried it yet).

Dirk

--
Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find