[Dxspider-support] DxSpider 1.42 crash

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 23:57:00 BST 2000

I noticed that you had another divide by zero problem this evening in
AnnSpot.pm. Now I don't normally do this but I seriously think you have a
machine or perl problem here.

$d = $main::systime / 60;

CANNOT produce a divide by zero error. 60 != 0 and in any case $main::systime
is also never zero in AnnTalk.pm (not that it would matter if it were):

0/60 = 0

What would be a problem is x / 0 which is infinity and would cause a divide by
zero error.

Since 60 is a constant, it can never be zero, so it can't produce the error
you report, therefore there must be a bug.

Now AFAIK Ichiro in Japan is also using sparc Linux and doesn't have this
problem. I will ask him specifically and see what he says.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find