[Dxspider-support] Long mail/bulletin messages

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 11:23:36 BST 2001

On Wednesday 04 April 2001 02:17, you wrote:
> I'm using the latest version of the Windows version and noticed a potential
> problem with long mail & bulletin messages.  I sent a message that
> contained about 32/33 PC29s from an AK1A node.  To another AK1A node this
> works fine as it has for years.  When I attempt to send that same message
> to my DXSpider node (W1HR), the message never arrives at W1HR.  Since the
> AK1A node is only about 5 feet away from W1HR, I can see the packets on
> displays at both ends.  It appears that the complete message is leaving the
> AK1A, but not ending up in DXSpider.  As a result, the AK1A node eventually
> times out on that message.  One other thing.  There is an intermediate
> gateway between the AK1A node and the W1HR node.  This gateway is my access
> to the internet and handles the interface between the COM port from the
> AK1A node to the gateway and the 10BaseT lan from the gateway to the W1HR
> node.  That being said, here's what's ending up at the W1HR gateway.
>
> <- I K1XX PC29^W1HR^K1XX^25^desires. The same goes for sh/dx. You can do a
> whole lot of filtering here^~
>
> <- I K1XX PC29^W1HR^K1XX^25^too. Note that the spots from GB7DXA are not
> being forwarded to K1XX, and^~
>
> <- I K1XX PC29^W1HR^K1XX^25^vice versa. There's a lot of power in this
> software and so far I really^~t.^~

Charlie, could you do:-

set/debug raw agw

then send the same message again

then

unset/debug raw agw

and send me the debug log (zipped up) located in

c:\spider\data\debug\2001\094.dat

(if you do it today)

I would like the whole of the debug file please because I want to see what
happens before.

I won't able to look at immediately but I will get right onto it asap.