More Re: [Dxspider-support] Pings

Iain Philipps iain at sms.xerox.com
Thu Apr 5 02:15:20 BST 2001

..... and before anyone gets all bent out of shape .....

Yesterday, GB7DXA (spider) spent all day asking to be connected to GB7DJK
(spider) only to be told repetitively "you are connected elsewhere".

What caused this? Well, in the early morning - as a part of testing outbound
AX.25 radio connections from WinSpider (shall we call it that???), I
connected GB7DXA to GB7DXH (AK1A). After 5 minutes, I disconnected. Only
GB7DXH didn't notice .....

Dirk: can we have some additional Spider commands?

Things that would be of extreme use at times:-

    DES/RR    DEStroy Remote Radio    -    for when you've had enough of the
stupid spots that originate from AB5K's node (really: users) at times
    EX/DS    EXpunge Distant SysOp    -    for when you can take no more
loops
    FOR/SE    FORward SEnse of humour    -    for when you detect one
missing on the network. Useful as RCMD to get a replacement for your own, in
times of crisis.

Regards     -     Iain