[Dxspider-support] Winspider telnet help?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 19:47:46 BST 2001

On Monday 09 April 2001 18:24, you wrote:

> > Hello One and all,
>
> I also had this problem and to get round it I put in the IP address of the
> system rather than the dns address. Even though at the begining it did work
> with the dns address.
>
> I have since deleted the listeners.pm and put a new one in with
> sdx.dyn.dhs.org with the port 7300. It all works fine.

Try "0.0.0.0" for the interface address. That will listen for any address on
port 7300 (even if it changes).

I made an error when I first did an example a) because I am paranoid and I
run several IP addresses on one interface (in the linux world :-) and I
didn't want them all listening to port 7300 and b) because I wasn't thinking
straight.

> I run the AK1A cluster into the system by telling it to connect to
> LOCALHOST on port 7300 which also works fine.
>
> Now all I need is for BPQ Node software to be able to connect to a 7
> letter/number callsign and I will be happy.

Er...

The maximum length of an AX25 callsign is 6 characters + an SSID.

You can't have a length of 7 characters (not including the SSID) in an AX25
callsign. There isn't room for it in the headers.

AGW engine AFAIK handles callsigns with ssid's correctly, if it doesn't this
might be my problem.

Dirk G1TLH