[Dxspider-support] crontab, filtering ann, clear filters !

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 12:56:06 BST 2001

On 19 Apr 2001 19:25:39 +0200, Roland  Huysentruyt wrote:
>  Hi
> A few days ago I posed 2 questions on this reflector concerning configuring DX-spider.
> I had no reply yet but now have another question regarding "clear filters" !

I have been away working

> My first 2 questions were :
> 1 What is the syntax for a command line in crontab to give a ann to all users ?

Um.. There isn't an easy way to do this (although I need to think more
about it). Can you tell me more precisely what you want to do?

> 2. How to filter all ann from a certain clusterneightbour ?

Do you mean to prevent announces coming IN from a node or going OUT to a
node?

OUTGOING filters are created by the sysop like:-

rej/ann gb7dxk all

This will stop any announces coming into ON0DXK (from anywhere) from
going TO gb7dxk.

To do the same but for INCOMING spots

rej/ann gb7dxk input all

This will now apply the filter to announces coming IN from gb7dxk. Any
announces from gb7dxk will be stopped at source, they are not passed on.

Obviously you can have other filtering conditions.

NOTE: only announces currently have input filtering implemented.

> The third one is :
> command : <clear/ann user_default>   and : <clear/ann node_default> does not work !
> I get the reply : "ann Filter user_default deleted for on6hh " !
> Same for node_default.
> When i do "sh/filter user_default" the filter is still there.!
> I am doing this commands from the console ( console.pl)

The only way to remove a default filter is to physically remove it (rm
/spider/filter/ann/user_default.pl).

However it 'clear/ann user_default all' should 'empty' it, so that no
filtering is done.

If what you want to do is to make the user_default so that all users get
announces then do:-

clear/ann user_default all
acc/ann user_default all

Obviously if you want the UK default it would be:-

rej/ann user_default all

:-)

Filters only 'take' completely and fully (for reasons of hubris and
general laziness) by the user/node logging out and then back in again.