[Dxspider-support] crontab, filtering ann, clear filters !

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 00:43:38 BST 2001

On 21 Apr 2001 20:22:47 +0200, Roland  Huysentruyt wrote:
> OK Dirk,thanks for the fast reply,see below

No I didn't forget, I just didn't answer (because I didn't have one at
the time).

However, things change and it is now possible to do (with the latest
CVS) something like:-

0 * * * * run_cmd('ann Cluster ON0DXK JO01PV at ' . localtime)

You can run any cluster command in the system and it will be as though
the node callsign has run it.

In this case, because you are doing announces, you need to make each
announce different in some way (this is the easiest) because the
Announce system has duplicate checking going back 5 days.

Remember that the thing that is executed is a piece of perl script so
ANY valid perl is allowed.

So what happens in this case is that you will get an announce every
hour, on the hour which looks like:-

To LOCAL de GB7TLH <2200Z>: Cluster ON0DXK JO01PV at Sun Apr 22 22:00:00
2001

(all on one line)

Or, if you don't like that much, try:-

0 * * * * run_cmd('ann Cluster ON0DXK JO01PV at ' .cldate.' '.ztime)

which will look like:

To LOCAL de GB7TLH <2200Z>: Cluster ON0DXK JO01PV at 22-Apr-2001 2000Z

To see what's going wrong (when it doesn't do what you want, do a
set/debug cron on the console and monitor the debug output in the normal
way (watchdbg in another window is a good way).

NOTE:

I have also implement INPUT spot filtering, so you can filter spots
coming INTO the spot pool from a particular interface.

And while I am on:

Windows or Linux sysops that have a Listener running either with
"0.0.0.0" as an address or specifically with an address that resolves to
"127.0.0.1", not longer require a 'client' program to obtain full
privileges on the system.

Telneting to 'localhost' (127.0.0.1) and logging in with your sysop
callsign will give you your normal sysop privileges. Similarly for
remote sysops that ssh (hopefully) or otherwise normally login to your
box can do the same and get their normal sysoping privilages as well.

Dirk G1TLH