[Dxspider-support] how to

g3orh g3orh at ic24.net
Wed Aug 1 06:54:52 BST 2001

Hi Enric

               As Ian said to you (think it was Ian) the lat and long can be
decided by this :-

Degrees is either + or - . Plus for North of Equator / Minus for South of

The next bit is the minutes and only needs to be 2 or 3 decimal points.

IE lets assume 50 50 N

This would be +50 then 50/60 = .833  ( same calc method for long )
This is     50 divided by 60 where 50 is minutes of degrees.

My own lat/long is  +50 52 N and -3 47 W
This becomes           +50.866 for the north
and                         - 3.783 for the west

Hope this helps now

- Regards Colin   (73's)
- g3orh at ic24.net