[Dxspider-support] Compatibility and Isolate

g3orh g3orh at ic24.net
Thu Aug 16 17:23:23 BST 2001

> Er...
>
> Why connect to an ARC box at all? All the ARC network spots come into  the
EU network via two or three other places (WR3D, PI4TUE-8 to name but two)
and they connect to me.

> Why not internet connect to BAA or MBC or me?
>
> Personally, if I had a 24/7 internet connection (as I do of course) I
> would make that the primary link and the radio very much a fallback (or
> in my case fallover) link.

Hi Dirk,

           Well that all sounds very grand but for the likes of us old
pensioners
on Ltd income down here , (very Ltd) , 24/7 internet operation is decidedly
out in fact 1/7 int. operation is too expensive. My total connect time is 1
minute per day for email on average.Sometimes as extravagant as 2 mins/day.

              If things were otherwise of course , I would love to have 24/7
operation but not instead of amateur radio , as an adjunct to it. I seem to
spend more time fighting computers / software than operation on HF CW which
is my prime interest.

- Regards Colin   (73's)
- g3orh at ic24.net