[Dxspider-support] sh/qrz does not work.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 00:19:25 BST 2001

On 17 Aug 2001 22:33:42 +0200, Roland Huysentruyt,ON6HH wrote:
> Hi
> sh/qrz does not work at cluster on0dxk-5.
>
> sh/qrz on4aa
> unknown remote host: qrz.com at (eval 13204) line 22
>  at /spider/perl/cluster.pl line 297
> ON6HH de ON0DXK-5 17-Aug-2001 2027Z >
>
> /spider/local/internet.pm    is configured with logon and pasword plus $allow=1
>
> Who can help ?

This does sometimes happen and it isn't that qrz.com have gone but that
the name server that you are using cannot resolve the address OR the
connection that you have to the internet is (temporarily?) bad.

It works both here and at GB7BAA. As I say I expect this is an IP
connection/routing problem, not a spider problem (other than expecting a
better error message).