[Dxspider-support] rf link

k1xx k1xx at rindge.nh.ultranet.com
Wed Aug 29 00:40:07 BST 2001

Bob:
I am not sure that I completely understand what you are trying to do.  However, here is one answer.

You need to have the person that maintains your digi/node configure it such that when a user connects to an alias, they are automatically routed to your dxspider node.  In addition, they/you need to establish a node name and callsign for your DXSpider node that propagates throughout your packet network.

For example, in Southwest New Hampshire we have a node stack.  Through any number of paths, a user can use the packet network to reach SWNH:WA1ZYX-??, or they can reach SWNHU:WA1ZYX-??  It has been some time, so I do not remember the exact SSIDs.  Regardless, the owner of the node stack has up an alias of DX.  When a user reaches SWNH, all he has to do is enter DX, and he is automatically routed on an RF link to K1XX, my AK1A PacketCluster node.
The owner of the node stack has also set up the node name/callsign of DXGATE:K1XX-6 which propagates into the packet system.  Users in upper Vermont, or other places, simply need to find an access point to the packet network which shows DXGATE:K1XX-6.  Then, all they need to do is C DXGATE and they end up connected to K1XX.
If you do some other snooping around on the packetnetwork, you may see the node YCCCDX.  Simply connect there and you will also eventually end up connected to my AK1A PacketCluster node.

There's my answer,  Hope it matches your question.  One thing to note.  All of this routing is done by the sysop of your digi/node stack.  You do not have to do anything except make sure the RF is in place at your end.  For the purposes of this answer, DXSpider/AGW can be used.

73 charlie, k1xx