[Dxspider-support] Newbee problems...

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 23:32:11 GMT 2001

On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 21:34, Stewart wrote:
> I'm new to this. Is there a DXSpider FAQ (that works) anywhere? My apologies
> if these questions are very mundane...

On the website, there are installation instructions and an FAQ

http://www.dxcluster.org

> Have just set up DXSpider on an NT 4 system. After initial config, on
> running cluster.pl I get some errors. The first errors flash past too
> quickly to read but starts "EINPROGRESS"....
> Anybody know what's happening here?

This is normal on M$ systems

> I get the following error immediately after... load badwords: Ok
> The name specified is not recognised as an
> internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
> reading in duplicate spot and WWV info ...

That means that it is trying to load its default badword filter. I
suspect I may have to rename some of the issue files to make this happen
better for M$.

However you can do it yourself by copying the file

c:\spider\data\badword.issue to c:\spider\data\badword

and

c:\spider\data\badw_regex.gb (probably) to c:\spider\data\badw_regex

The file c:\spider\data\badw_regex.gb is actually called
c:\spider\data\badw_regex.gb.issue and may well appear as something else
in windows explorer.

> I realise that the NT has failed to find something. Anybody know what?
>
> Next, when I run a winclient.pl session the cluster.pl session fails back to
> the DOS prompt with the following errors:

There are two issues here, firstly winclient.pl doesn't work for NT
(don't know why, 'cos it works for Win9x). Telnet as the Alias callsign
to localhost.

> can't open /spider/local_cmd No such file or directory at cluster.pl line
> 308
> DXChannel GM4AFF destroyed, etc...

This is more serious. In the instructions, it says that you should
create c:\spider\local_cmd

Dirk G1TLH