[Dxspider-support] bust/busted and other bad words

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 15:51:04 GMT 2001

This is actually a test for the new mailing list software, but I though I
would do something useful with it.

For those of you who are concerned about the spots that contain BUST or
BUSTED in them, can I remind you of the /spider/data/badwords file which can
be used to control announces, talks and dx spot info fields.

You can put words or lines of words in this file and then do a load/badwords
on your console command line and then any announces/talks/dx spot info fields
which contain these words will not be displayed.

My /spider/data/badwords file currently contains:-

# this file contains all the bad words I don't like
fuck fucker fucking
cunt cuntface
bloody bl00dy
crap crappy
bastard barstard
damn damned
shit shitter shitface
sh1t sh1tter sh1tface
shite sh1te
cock c0ck cocksucker c0cksucker
bust busted
wank wanker

Please feel free to use this as the basis for your own versions, any
reasonable additions are gratefully received.

Please could I also draw your attention to the set/baddx set/badspotter
set/badnode commands which can be used in a similar way to control problem
callsigns in these areas.

Dirk G1TLH