[Dxspider-support] how to

g3orh g3orh at ic24.net
Tue Jul 31 06:14:52 BST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Enric <eb6aok at terra.es>
To: <dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 10:27 PM
Subject: [Dxspider-support] how to

> Hi all
> I net to modifi the DXVars.pm as every one else but I have
> a litle problem I do not know how to translate the QTH LOC
>  in to a correct lat long to be used by DXVars.pm can some one
> point my where I can find the program to calculate it
> Thanks in advance

Hi Enric,

                  I don't think you can calculate the Locator , you need a
locator map to do it. However , the calculation does get done by the program
(I think). I recently entered the wrong lat and long and the "new" locator
appeared. Try just entering your lat and long. Maybe someone else does know
of a program to do this. Maybe also one of your VHF ham friends can do it
for you ?

- Regards Colin   (73's)
- g3orh at ic24.net