[Dxspider-support] DXSpider - AGWPE connect failure

Iain Philipps iain.philipps at xcms.net
Sun Jul 29 17:28:05 BST 2001

Folks,

> cluster.pl executes and the following appears:
>
> C:\Spider\perl>perl cluster.pl
> Possible unintended interpolation of @juno in string at
> /spider/local/DXVars.pm
> line 47.

As Ian has already said, this is the result of some over-enthusiastic
edit of DXVars.pm. Correct the error and (since this is still a "new"
cluster) re-run CreateSysop.pl

> "EINPROGRESS" is not exported by the Errno module at
> /spider/perl/Msg.pm
> line 46
>
> "EWOULDBLOCK" is not exported by the Errno module at
> /spider/perl/Msg.pm
> line 46

This is a (current) feature of running under a Windoze environment. It
may or may not go away at sometime in the future. For now, ignore it
entirely.

> 4> AGW initialising and connecting to 192.1.1.2/8000 ...
>    Cannot connect to AGW Engine at 192.1.1.2/8000 Unknown error

Refer to AGWConnect.pm. If you *do* have AGWPE installed, then change the
IP address from '192.1.1.2' to '127.0.0.1' (ignore the quote marks, of
course). If you Do *not* have AGWPE installed, place a '#' at the front
of the line to comment it out.

What you have here is a 'feature' of having used my bundle of files
rather than the true DXSpider distribution. When Dirk surfaces, doubtless
he'll remind us of how (best) to get/apply updates from Windoze users.

Regards     -     Iain
(currently hiding in Florida)