[Dxspider-support] external bbs-forwarding from a fbb-bbs

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed May 2 23:18:33 BST 2001

On 25 Apr 2001 22:00:45 +0200, Roland  Huysentruyt,ON6HH wrote:
> Hi all
> Sorry,but preparing on0dxk-spider I have a new problem.
> The actual on0dxk-ak1a is receiving personal mail plus dxbulletins from our fbb-bbs on0ck.
> Of course I would like to do the same to the spider-cluster.
> In Januari Ian,G0GVS ,on my demand ,let me know there is nothing to configure at all
> to receive external mail from a bbs.
> I do not understand how this can work because the connected station has to send his
> identifier f.e. [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$]
> If spider does not know it is a bbs who connects  how it can proceed !
> Of course spider sees the bbs as a normal user and does nothing behalve sending
> the connect texte.
> Nothing found abt the subject in the manual either.
> Who can help ?

It depends on how you set up the connection to DXSpider, Ian may be
better to tell you this. AFAIK FBB can be persuaded to send mail to
DXSpider as a PMS and this is how it is done for GB7MBC and GB7BAA.

There is an untested feature which can be enabled with:-

set/bbs on0ck

but it is untested and I really have no idea whether it works (even
though I wrote it one afternoon with a view toward seeing whether this
could be made to work).

I do know that if you persuade FBB to talk to DXSpider, it will accept
BBS style 'SB SALES @ GBR < ON0DXK $ABDC4444AS' lines.

Dirk G1TLH