[Dxspider-support] AX25..TheNet compatible nodes..

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Mon May 7 17:22:52 BST 2001

I would be interested in trying DXSpider under Linux (Probably RH-7.1 just
released), but I need to know if doing so I will be able to generate a BPQ
type node, such as one can do with DOS.

The 'node' must use KISS equipped TNC's (2 of them currently).  The node
must be NetRom compatible, originate node broadcasts for itself as well as
for the application.  Sort of a 'node and a half.'

As an example say the node is called: TRFDX:N5IN-7, and the application
(DXSpider) is called PCTRF:N5IN.  The node must generate nodes broadcasts
for both TRDX and PCTRF.  This way users who are coming in through remote
radio nodes will find these entries in their local node's routing table,
thus simplifying their connection requests.

Naturally I need to be able to set locked routes with predetermined quality
numbers so that it may be integrated into our existing network of TheNetX1J4
remote nodes.

I would be pleased to hear 'Of course, its all in Linux and easy too!'

Ron N5IN