[Dxspider-support] some sort of new lockout problem

Charlie Carroll k1xx at rindge.nh.ultranet.com
Wed May 30 23:52:07 BST 2001

Dirk:
The node is being restarted so that I regain connections to other nodes and
so that old users/nodes are treated as old users/nodes and not new users.

I probably am using some combination of shutdown and Control C.  The node is
not crashing.

I tried using the export_user command and was expecting to see a file named
user_asc with a timestamp of today.  That is not happening.  My user_asc
file is still dated 5/26/01.  However, my users.V2 file is dated today.

Even after a re-start, things are not "as they were" in the recent past.
Sorry I can't be more definitive.  I was supposed to be home tonight, but am
stuck at a customer site for another day.  I just don't have the ability to
really see real well what's happening at home.  More after I get home
tomorrow.

charlie, k1xx