[Dxspider-support] loading local/spot.pm

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 11:51:10 GMT 2001

On Sun, 2001-11-11 at 22:10, Filip Jonckers wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> I'm trying some things with the output of spots to the local users
>
> If I'm correct I have to change the method Spot::formatb
> to change the appearance of a spot
> I would like to add stuff like:
> troubleshooting cluster spots:
>  - originating cluster
>  - hopcount
>
> and for contests:
>  - CQ Zone
>  - multiplier status
>  - Logcheck
>  - ....
>
> Any tips on how and were I could do this in the best way ?
>

> I've put perl/Spot.pm into local/Spot.pm
> and changed a few things..
>
> when I do SH/PROGRAM perl/Spot.pm is still loaded
> Can I load local/Spot.pm without shutting down the cluster ?

You can't. You must restart.

And I am about to change all of that anyway as it appears that I shall
need to change the format slightly depending on what sort of client is
receiving.

Could I caution you against changing the format at all. There are a lot
of users out there who use client software (which is somewhat brain dead
in a lot of cases) that rely on the DX spot being EXACTLY as it is.
Position of fields needs to be exactly correct.

If you change stuff then your node can no longer be accessed by these
programs.

The reason I have to make changes now is because I moved the 'time'
field one character to the left. That means that at least one popular
program no longer 'receives' spots. So I shall have to put it back again
for non-local connections. Or do something else which amounts to the
same thing.

Dirk G1TLH