[Dxspider-support] Red Hat 7.2

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 21:56:08 GMT 2001

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 21:29, Frank Hurlbut wrote:
> Dirk,
> I am having some troubles getting things to run on 7.2
> are the instruction the same for installation? I had a serious hardware failure and have reverted to all new hardware and I loaded 7.2 and spider 1.48
>
> inetd.conf doesn't exist..
> xinet does...
>
> any help from anyone who is using 7.2?

ooer....

However, do you really want to run clients via inetd anyway?

The internal listener is what most of us are using these days. It even
echoes characters now.

Copy /spider/perl/Listeners.pm to /spider/local

Edit it and uncomment the line with [0.0.0.0, 7300] in it (changing 7300
to whatever port number you want to listen on).

Restart.

Dirk G1TLH