[Dxspider-support] croNtab error

Cees Tool c.tool at quicknet.nl
Sat Nov 17 15:34:40 GMT 2001

Hi Dirk,

> Could you tell exactly where in the installation manual this is because
> I thought I had squashed all these syntax errors ('cos that is what this
> is).

It is in the .txt and html versions in chapter 6.1 of installation6.html or
installation.txt

6.1 The crontab file

   Login as sysop and create a file in /spider/local_cmd called crontab.
   Edit it with your favourite editor and add a line like this (I have
   included a comment)

# check every 10 minutes to see if gb7xxx is connected and if not
# start a connect job going

0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * start_connect('gb7xxx') if unless
connected('gb7xxx')

   The callsign involved will be the callsign of the cluster node you are
   going to connect to. This will now check every 10 minutes to see if

Regards,
Cees - PA3AES