[Dxspider-support] File forwarding and other questions

charlie carroll k1xx at rindge.nh.ultranet.com
Sun Nov 18 14:51:41 GMT 2001

Is file forwarding working, or even supposed to work?  We are not seeing
the files associated with W1AW BULLETIN mail being forwarded.  The files
come into my W1HR Spider node from my K1XX AK1A node.  However, the
files are not being forwarded to downstream Spider nodes.

The forward.pl file contains the following line.

#
# Currently only type B msgs are affected by this code.
#

It's unclear whether the files are supposed to even be forwarding now?
If they are supposed to be, what would prevent them from automatically
forwarding.  And, is there a way to check how/when a file has forwarded?

Second question...
It seems that personal mail is not forwarding unless the recipient is
logged into the cluster.  Often times we have users who log in for very
short periods of time.  Their mail will sit on a node until it's queued
and sent.  Wouldn't it be better to forward personal mail to their home
node regardless of whether the user is logged in or not?  That way the
mail is waiting for them when they log in, regardless of the duration of
the log in.

Third question...
Are the callsigns W1HR and W1HR-1 treated as identical?

73 charlie, k1xx