[Dxspider-support] winclient

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 15:11:18 GMT 2001

On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 14:54, charlie carroll wrote:
> I just did a new install of DXspider on a Win98 PC.  This was a clean
> install... new hard disk, nothing else on the disk other than spider,
> perl, etc.
>
> When I attempted to run winclient (perl winclient.pl) from the command
> prompt, it would not run.  After hitting the Enter key, it would pause
> for a couple of seconds, no information would be displayed on the
> screen, and then it would drop back to the command prompt.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

winclient.pl is really dependant on the perl version and precise version
of M$ that you are running.

The prefered method of getting in is to have a Listener running and
telnetting to localhost on the Listener's port, then logging in as the
sysop callsign.

winclient.pl is now probably moribund and shouldn't be used.

Anybody that wants to a do 'nice' windows client would have my full
cooperation. In the meantime there is a java based client which is known
to work - as part of the standard distribution.

Dirk G1TLH