[Dxspider-support] spot aging

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 11:16:17 GMT 2001

On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 13:36, charlie carroll wrote:
> It appears that if a spot is somewhat older than the current time, it
> will not be put out to users or forwarded to other links.  How much
> older, and can this value be set?  If so where?

The standard range if -60 / +15 minutes. I would check very carefully
that the time on your node is really correct before fiddling but:-

  set/var $DXProt::pc11_max_age = 3600

is the command to set it to the no of seconds old you are prepared to
tolerate a spot living. There is no mechanism for altering the amount of
time in the future that is allowed, currently that is set in stone as 15
mins.

You put the above (suitably altered) command in your
/spider/scripts/startup file.

You can also issue it on the console.