[Dxspider-support] problems when moving to dxspider

Filip Jonckers fjonckers at Interconnect.be
Wed Oct 31 12:03:27 GMT 2001

Thanks for the your reply Dirk !

played around with spider last night...
lucky I had a day of today, it was very late !

found the problem with the console & client programs:
you were right: I forget to add the localhost (127.0.0.1)
ruleset on the firewall
I use iptables and Firewall Builder (it looks alot like
Checkpoint Firewall-1 which I use a lot at work)

so adding a rule allowing connections from/to localhost fixed
the problem...

could you ask Ian to add the Telnet bug to the installation manual ?
could be confusing for first time installers....

until now: looks great !
a very open system - the way it should be...

found a bug (I think):
the export and export_users commands map to the exit command !
looking at the Aliases file..
you have to add BEFORE the exit/bye entry:
'^export_', 'export_users', 'export_users',
'^exp', 'export', 'export',
'^ex', 'bye', 'bye',

tried it - now it works ....

will be putting CVS up today..