[Dxspider-support] Re: show/config

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 19:57:28 BST 2001

On Fri, 2001-09-07 at 02:12, Angel M. Claus wrote:
> Hello Dirk,
>
> New dxspider running, ea5elx-6 ;-) , but I noticed something strange
> that happenned few days ago to ea7urs-6, another dxspider:
>
> sh/c ea5elx-6
> Node         Callsigns
> EA5ELX-6     EA5ELX-6     EB5ESX-1
> EA7WA de ED7ZAB-5  7-Sep-2001 0108Z >
>
> As you can see, EA5ELX-6 is shown as user itself !
> It happenned to EA7URS-6 few days ago too, so not an unique case.
>
> ea5elx-6's running build 56.707 , same as ea7urs-6.

Further to my earlier reply and in the light of G4PDQ's comments, I have
decided to implement the 'once a node, always a node until you
explicitly change it' rule.

What that means is that a callsign that is either already connected as a
node or has connected in the past as a node, will never appear as a user
- regardless of what incoming PC16s say.

Please tell me if you think this is bad (and if so, why).