[Dxspider-support] is this normal ?

Cees Tool c.tool at quicknet.nl
Mon Sep 17 13:24:29 BST 2001

Hi,

Just installed the cvs update here after installing Spider 1.48 tarball.

When I  run (as "sysop") the cvs-update with :
cd /spider
cvs -z3 update -d

I have lots of error (?) messages. A couple of them here:

cvs server: Updating contrib/g0rdi/unset
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs server: Updating data
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs server: Updating data/msg
cvs server: Updating examples
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
cvs server: Updating filter
cvs update: cannot rewrite CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied

So the errors are all the same : CVS/Entries.Backup: Permission denied
There is a directory "CVS" in all /spider subdirectory's, but there is no
file with the name "Entries.Backup" in there. Only "Entries" and some other
files are there. The owner/permissions are ok.

Are these messages normal when there is nothing to be updated ?

Regards,
Cees - PA3AES