[Dxspider-support] Spider-web

Jim Johnson jim at kc4hw.net
Tue Apr 9 21:46:57 BST 2002

Hello Everyone,

Do anyone have the spider-web up and running??  Could you send me
the address, I would like to take a look at it.  Thanks!

I have been exploring the spider-web directory and the README does
not seem to matchup wth spider.cgi in that I could not find any reference
to some of the variables.

I did place spider.cgi in the appropriate directory and was able to get it to
come up with the callsign and password login screen.  But when I login, I
get a page with the heading and footer only....You can see it at
http://kc4hw.homelinux.net/cgi-bin/spider.cgi

I have included some information below, but really need some help here.

Here is the README file:

> Spider-WEB v0.6b
>
> Completely based on a clx web client written in Java by dl6dbh
> (ftp://clx.muc.de/pub/clx/clx-java_10130001.tgz)
>
> The webserver has to run on the same machine as your DxSpider software!
>
> Installation instructions:
>
> Put all the files in the spider-web directory into a newly created
> directory under the documentroot of your websever for instance 'client'. In
> my case this is: /usr/local/httpd/spider/client/

the default for Apache 1.3.24 is /usr/local/apache/htdocs and I added
/spider/client as suggested.
> !NOTE! this directory has to be writeable by your http daemon!!!!
>
> move spider.cgi to the cgi-bin directory of your webserver, in my case that
> is /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/ make it worldreadable.

the default for Apache 1.3.24 is /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/ and I moved
the spider.cgi to this directory

> edit spider.cgi and change  the following parameters:

I could not find these variables anywhere in spider.cgi

> portnumber=$"1407"
> tempdir=$"/usr/local/httpd/spider/client/"
> clustercall=$"PA4AB-15"
>
> 'portnumber' is the portnumber that you use to connect to your DxSpider via
> telnet (see Listeners.pm)
>
> 'tempdir' is the directory that you just created and that you used to move
> the *.java and *.class files to.
>
> 'clustercall' is the call of your cluster.
>
> You now can connect to Spider-Web via http://yourserver/cgi-bin/spider.cgi

Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks

Jim Johnson, Melbourne, Florida