[Dxspider-support] truncated message lines

charlie carroll k1xx at ptcnh.net
Fri Aug 2 16:45:12 BST 2002

Dirk:
For quite some time there has been a problem when W1AW attempted to
upload a BULLETIN message via RF.  The lines within the message would be
truncated.  Today I looked at a new log file and noticed a correlation
between the "DUFF" lines and the missing data.
I never noticed the "DUFF" lines before and assume they are a new item
because this is a very recent version of Spider running on Windows/AGW.
Any line which says "DUFF" is missing from the mail message!  Does this
mean that Spider will only accept a max line length of roughly 80
characters?  It appears that W1AW is sending much longer lines and they
are being truncated.

1028300093^<- I W1AW Sunspots keep growing and growing, and one wonders
if the peak of
1028300093^DUFF Line on W1AW: IW1AW|
1028300093^the solar cycle has really passed. With sunspot numbers over
300
1028300093^DUFF Line on W1AW: IW1AW|
1028300093^this week, it almost seems like a third peak in a cycle with
1028300093^DUFF Line on W1AW: IW1AW|
1028300093^double peak so far. Sunspot numbers peaked on Saturday at
1028300101^<- I W1AW 323, the
1028300101^DUFF Line on W1AW: IW1AW|
1028300101^highest number since March 2001. The mean daily sunspot
numbers for
1028300102^DUFF Line on W1AW: IW1AW|
1028300102^the week were 122 points higher than the previous week.
Average
1028300102^DUFF Line on W1AW: IW1AW|
1028300102^daily solar flux was up by nearly 39 points.
1028300102^<- I W1AW
1028300102^DUFF Line on W1AW: IW1AW|
1028300102^Average daily sunspot numbers for all of July were 183.5.
This
1028300111^<- I W1AW is
For the file extract above, this is what appears in the actual mail
message.

Sunspots keep growing and growing, and one wonders if the peak of
323, the

is
This same problem does not occur when the mail message is uploaded via
an internet connection.

73 charlie, k1xx