[Dxspider-support] CVS update help !!!

Rene Olsen rene_olsen at post3.tele.dk
Sat Aug 10 07:20:37 BST 2002

Hi Luigi.

> I am a novice with Linux (and also spider), so I have some questions about cvs
> upgrade.
>
> I have downloaded the CVSlatest.tgz file from www.dxcluster.org and I have
> copyed this file into /home/sysop/spider directory... please anyone could tell
> me if this sequence is correct ??

The file CVSlatest.tgz should be copied to /home/sysop and not /home/sysop/spider

> Please, anyone could tell me also the "tar ???? CVSlatest.tgz" command to
> overwrite and upgrade my installation ?? Currently I have version 1.50 (build
> 57.002)...

Very important. When you untar the file make sure that you are user sysop. Otherwise
you will really mess up the permissions and ownership of the files !

Go to the /home/sysop dir and enter

tar xfvz CVSlatest.tgz

and it should unpack and overwrite your old files.

I think the most recent version is 57.047.

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH