[Dxspider-support] DXSpider/AGW

Hank Kohl K8DD k8dd at arrl.net
Tue Aug 13 03:56:41 BST 2002

Charlie ....

4 port single IRQ COM board?  I do believe that active serial ports want
their own IRQ's.

I use 4 ports with IRQ's 4 - 3 - 2/9 - 5 and have not had any problems.
Some Windows 95 boxes will not let me change COM3 or 4 IRQ's from the
traditional 4 - 3.  Some will - hasn't bothered me enough to find out why!

I bought 50 ISA 2 port boards from a guy at Dayton for under 100
bucks.  Great as long as the motherboard has enough ISA slots!  Few years
ago on the Pavillion box I had three TNC's - 144, 220 & 440 - and logging
computer using these boards.

Let me know if you want a couple of them to mess with.

73    Hank