[Dxspider-support] Permissions Problem

Rene Olsen rene_olsen at post3.tele.dk
Thu Aug 15 15:23:08 BST 2002

Hi Colin.

>           Can anyone help with an error message please ?
>
> This only seems to happen when my next in line cluster node
> logs in. Cannot remember seeing this before using 1.50 build
> 57.004 ( and I can't now confirm ).
>
> Error is this :- setsockopt tcp_nodelay : Permission denied.
>
> This only occurs when the node logs in , not with users.
> Netstat -a looks ok. A socket is allocated for the netrom
> connect to my cluster though it doesn't indicate a reference
> to the incoming node call. Other than this perm denied
> message the cluster runs ok.

I can't tell you what it is, but I have it as well. I have checked my log, and it occurs each
time I make a connect to a node by ax25. On my telnet links I don't seem to get this
error.

As it does not seem to make any problems I have just ignored the error :-)

Btw. I have had it in older versions as well.

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH