[Dxspider-support] KPC-3

Jim Johnson - KC4HW jim at kc4hw.net
Mon Dec 9 11:57:57 GMT 2002

Hey Larry,

Standard Serial cable to interface with the TNC to computer.

KPC-3 TO DB25
2 TO 2
3 TO 3
4 to 4
5 to 5
7 to 7
1 to 1
6 to 6
8 to 8
20 to 20

KPC3 to DB9
2 to 3
3 to 2
4 to 7
5 to 8
7 to 5
6 to 6
8 to 1
20 to 4

Pin outs on the RJ45 on the radio

1 - call button
2 - rx audio
3 - ptt button
4 - mic tx audio
5 - gnd
6 - +5 VDC
7 - up button
8 - dwn button

PS if you use pin 2 for rx audio you speaker on the FT2500 will still be
live.  Sometimes this is a aggrivation with the packet burst all the time.
However I find it convienent to set the level on the radio.  It will work just
as well plugging it into the speaker jack...

Pin out for the KPC-3 to the radio

1 - transmit audio
2 - ptt
3 - receive audio