[Dxspider-support] Respawn on Suse 7.0

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Wed Dec 18 14:33:09 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 22:00, Miguel Teixeira wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I´ve put up a new line on /etc/inittab with the following sentence:
>
> DX:3:respawn:/bin/su -c "/usr/bin/perl -w /spider/perl/cluster.pl" sysop
> >/dev/tty8
>
> The problem is related that after i test with telinit q, and i put this
> last command in tty1, the cluster starts on the tty1 and not on tty8.
Hi Miguel,
I think you will find you have the last part of the line on a new line
in the file and not as a part of the first line.  The end of the line
should read like...

perl/cluster.pl" sysop >/dev/tty8

The other possibility is that SuSE may not support tty8.  I cannot be
sure of this as I run RedHat here.
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider

 Find out about Summits on the Air!
 Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk