[Dxspider-support] F6FBB

Colin Harris charis.g3orh at virgin.net
Tue Dec 31 21:18:32 GMT 2002

> > group cluster 80 mile away. Doing this via a version of
NOS
> > could solve that problem.
> I am not quite sure how this would work.  I would be
interested in
> hearing how exactly it is achieved.

> Ian

Still idly thinking on this one. Richard presumeably has
achieved similar.
If mail / bulls can be smtp'd to a NOS box or NOS running on
the linux cluster box , NOS allows ( from memory ) LZW
compression. Once compressed they could be NOS forwarded to
a NOS box at the other end for decompression , then
delivered to the Spider system in the same way a message
from a BBS would. That's my thoughts anyway.. Compression /
decompression within Spider would be a huge advantage
though.

- Regards Colin