[Dxspider-support] AGW Packet Engine

Mike Lewis mlewis at digitalglobe.com
Tue Feb 12 23:00:52 GMT 2002

Saul,

I am running AGW under Windows 98, on a older CPU. I unfortunately cannot
help you with your question, I don't know the answer. Seeing as how you are
running a Windows config though, I thought maybe you could help me try to
understand a couple problems I have been having that I have as of yet gotten
no satisfactory explanantions for.

1) As I have posted to this list previously, I have a problem on my cluster
where the RF link seems to 'hang', and data is not sent to the distant
station properly. Sometimes an extra return sent by the connected station
clears the condition, and sometimes the connection is completely frozen,
with the missing data sent out only after the connected station forces a
disconnect. My configuration is as a single node, not connected to the
internet, only running as an RF only cluster on a local 2m frequency. I have
now run with 2 different TNCs in KISS mode with AGW, (PK-232 and a
MFJ-1270), as well as 2 different radios with no apparent effect on the
problem. There are no error messages from the spider cluster software or the
AGW that I can see. Have you ever experienced this?

2) Do you have any documentation on the Kantronics host mode used in a
KPC-3? I have access to this TNC from a friend and was thinking of trying it
out.

3) I would like to make the system able to send out an infrequent ID beacon
on the frequency. Do you know how to make this happen, either with a KISS
TNC or a Host mode Kantronics?

Thanks for any assistance,

73 de KE0MF

Mike Lewis