[Dxspider-support] AX25 heartburn

richard richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 08:55:42 GMT 2002

Hi John,,
looks like you have either not started to modules in the kernel,
or you hav'nt loaded the ax25utils..

to load the ax25 modules you need to type
insmod ax25
insmod mkiss.

go to www.sourceforge.net
use the search engine there to locate ax25utils
download and build
libax25
ax25-apps
ax25-tools

use the latest versions listed there.
It also worth using the latest version kernel, as ther have been some
additions to the ax25 module

2.4.18, you can find this at www.kernel.org
BTW you may find a little problem when you shut down your machine, that
it
hangs on the last bit of the shut down process with "unregistered
netdevice ax0"
this wee bug is known about, the fix may be in 2.4.18...dunno

HTH 73 RICHARD