[Dxspider-support] HTML messages to list

Filip Jonckers fjonckers at Interconnect.be
Thu Jan 10 09:18:51 GMT 2002

hi Bob,

as you probably will notice, this reply will be in HTML too....
sorry for that, but some people don't have a choice!

I've had big discussions over this with my colleagues on this one ...
(some of them blaimed it on the unix/linux platforms that are running
the maillists - M$ nerds ofcourse....)

Some email systems send outgoing mail in plain text and in HTML format
as a mime attachment

this is the case with MS Exchange Server 2000 - which we are running
here
and if I'm not mistaken it is the same with Lotus Notes/Domino
It seems that they want to force HTML mail as the 'new' standard !

both are the most widely used corporate mail platforms..

so you see it is not always the choice of the mail-system-user
and you cannot change this behavior (it was possible in previous
versions of
Exchange though)

I did some testing a while ago with Outlook: switching to plain text
format,
but at the server side the mail message was translated to HTML..

A solution would be to fix this at maillist server level - would be
great ofcourse..
by stripping all HTML formatting codes..

I want to make it clear (again) that it's not my choice to send HTML
stuff ..
(and a lot of other users too)

73's
Filip