[Dxspider-support] RS232 PORT

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 21:58:39 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-01-13 at 21:29, Bob wrote:
> IS  THEIR A WAY TO MAKE DXSPIDER CONNECT TO ANOTHER CPU V THE RS232 PORT  IN KISS MODE .
> THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP Bob Kc2cwt   dxnode kc2cwt-9 Rf 145.610 v k2put  or  internet kc2cwt.homeip.net

The short answer to that is: I think so.

I believe you can configure AGW to talk to a kiss modem. If you have
another AGW or DOS BPQ node you can configure a port as kiss. You then
connect the two computers with a lap-link or crossover rs232 cable and
they will talk to each other.

Having said that I, personally, have never tried it with AGW but I would
be VERY surprised if it doesn't work (you do have to give the ax25 nodes
different callsigns and netrom ids though). I have done it several times
with BPQ.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to