[Dxspider-support] UPDATING

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 23:05:30 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 22:00, Bob wrote:
> Hello all i have dxspider V 1.48 build 56.765 and would like to update
it . I am running it under windows How would i update it under wind with
out over writing the files i have built and so . 73 Bob kc2cwt

The system is designed to be updated without overwriting your 'personal'
files.

Get http://www.dxcluster.org/download/CVSlatest.tgz

Extract the file using winzip. Then open that file you have just
extracted with winzip (you can do all this in a temporary area and if
you follow the defaults it does this for you I believe). When you open
it you should see all the various files and directories that you have in
your Spider directory

Click extract and make sure that the path you are extracting to is set
to C:\ in the dialog box.

When you click OK it will immediately come up and say 'do you want to
overwrite file xxxxxxx' you click 'yes to all'.

Then restart the node.

If you don't get the 'do you want to overwrite' then either you have not
set the extract path to C:\ (the tar file is designed to be extracted
there) or you haven't done the second step in winzip and are trying to
copy the actual uncompressed tar file (not its contents) to C:\.

It's much easier to do than describe.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to