[Dxspider-support] Help Please

Ian J Maude g0vgs at gb7mbc.net
Sat Jul 13 08:57:44 BST 2002

On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 00:00, Keith Le Boutillier wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Could someone please help with the following
> 1 On a telnet connection i would like to show some intro text before a user
> logs on
This one is easy :-)  Create a text file in the /spider/data directory
called issue and that will be shown before telnet logins.  I personally
have a warning banner like this..

!           Warning: Computer Misuse Act (1990) UK applies            !
! This system may only be accessed by Radio Amateurs using their real !
!  callsigns and in accordance with their jurisdiction's licensing    !
!      conditions. All connections to this system are recorded.       !

This was due to pirate activity at various times and basically covers
the legal angle.  You can of course have anything you wish.

> 2 When a user connects i would like to show the date and time of their last
> connection to the cluster
I agree this would be nice, however to my knowledge it cannot be done
atm.

I hope that helps
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider

 Find out about Summits on the Air!
 Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk