[Dxspider-support] DX Spider on MacOS X

Ichiro Hieda JE1SGH spidersupp at hie.nibh.go.jp
Mon Jul 29 12:30:02 BST 2002

Hi all,

I recently succeeded to run DX Spider on MacOS X. MacOS X is another Perl
platform, so it should run. I'm sorry if similar report already exists, but
at least this backs previous report.

I am using MacOS X 10.1.5 (Darwin 5.5) which comes with patched Perl 5.6.0.
My first attempt of Spider instillation failed because necessary CPAN
modules couldn't be installed to Perl 5.6.0 with MacOS X mods.

This time, I tried with bland new Perl 5.8.0 that is successfully compiled
on MacOS X (she knows MacOS X!) and allows CPAN module installation online.

Unfortunately, as MacOS X does not have AX.25 support, the Spider only works
WIRED hi.

I have some
Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at (eval 32) line 75.
 at (eval 32) line 75
Messages on the console, but it works any way.

Current system configuration
Apple iBook 600MHz, MacOS X 10.1.5, Perl 5.8.0, DX Spider 1.49

FB DXes!

--
Ichiro Hieda / JE1SGH
Email: sgh at je1sgh.plala.jp