[Dxspider-support] Remote sysop'ing Spider

Colin Harris charis.g3orh at virgin.net
Thu Jun 27 10:16:20 BST 2002

Hi Dirk,
             Can you clarify please ? Normally as we work
closely together I have full control over GB7WDX (AK1A). If
I send an rcmd to g7opj-9 (Linux/Spider) some work but a lot
don't.

Q1  If I send an rcmd from the g3orh (gb7orh) sysop screen
does this appear at g7opj-9 as an instruct from g3orh or
gb7orh. I assume g3orh !

Q2 In order to gain full access by rcmd of g7opj-9 (soon to
be gb7wsm)
      can we achieve this by setting up g7opj-9 to accept
g3orh as full remote sysop with perms 9 so that by issuing
rcmd/g7opj-9 "sysop" I can login with full remote facilities
by sending rcmd/g7opj-9 <password> and thereby gain greater
access than by the restricted "normal" RCMD allowed from a
remote node ?

I ask this as it is by far the simplest way to send such
commands rather than to force another seperate connection up
the same RF link for g3orh.

- Regards Colin