[Dxspider-support] printing usermanual.txt

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Fri Mar 1 14:19:21 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 09:33, Colin wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
>              I really suggest you print this manual in HTML format which is
> how it was written I think. Best to download this onto a windows machine
> which has HTML capabiities (or take it to a friend who has) and print if
> from that system. We printed off a draft copy then got it copied. All in
> smaller than A4 with a stiff card cover and it looks real fine.
Hi Colin and Jim,
The manuals are written in SGML and then converted by using the sgml
tools in Linux to whatever is required.  Colin is correct, the html
output prints nicely.  If you want anything else, then assuming you have
the sgml tools already installed on your linux box you can use the tools
to output in several different formats.
Do this by going to the /spider/sgml directory and, for the user
manual...

sgml2html usermanual.sgml	for html
sgml2txt usermanual.sgml	for linuxdoc text
sgml2txt -f usermanual.sgml	for plain text
sgml2rtf usermanual.sgml	for a rich text version

There are several other options, man sgmltools will give you more.
Have fun
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider