[Dxspider-support] Sysop manual suggestion

Colin chedward at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Mar 3 15:04:38 GMT 2002

Hi,

Ian , if there is in existence a 1.49 manual (sysop version) perhaps this is
already addressed :-

Based on my 1.48 sysop admin manual there is little to
confirm correct handling of the various .issue files. Some
important ones are covered like forward / aliases etc. My attention was
drawn to this by a recent question regarding the startup file which on my
setup is still in the startup.issue state.

Would it be prudent in a future sysop admin manual to include a section to
fully describe all the *issue files , how they can be manipulated , to what
level should they be chmod'd and which directory they should remain in or be
copied to ?

73 Colin.