[Dxspider-support] Ignore my last message.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 10:11:56 GMT 2002

Having said that you will, almost certainly, have to recreate your user
file which you by:

login or su - as the "sysop user"
$ cd /spider/data
$ perl user_asc

Now, because of some really lazy programming this may fail.

DON'T PANIC!

This is caused by German names like Gunter (with an umlaut). You will
need to edit the user_asc file to either remove or 'de-umlaut' each of
these.

On the (slightly) good side perl will tell you on which line number
(roughly) the error occured.

Interrate until the error go away.

When finished you will have a nice new user file as it was last
Saturday.

Dirk